Friday, April 1, 2011

Watching Percy Fagan Sleep

If my Nonna was to make the soup of this show the ingredients would be something like this:
  • 2 cups of melodrama, roughly chopped
  • 3 litres of character-based skits*
  • 3 good looking, tall, long-haired men, finely sliced
  • a dash of dance
  • sixteen inches of narrative
  • one metric slug of  the most amazing slow motion sequence I have ever seen (reader please note: I’ve never seen the Matrix)

Think younger Pajama Men with less Pajamas, but (interestingly) more beds. These three guys impressed me heaps ‘cause their surreal jaunt had that slick, well-rehearsed feel and their commitment was undying. I laughed hardest when stuff got chaotic and messy and slightly yelly. But maybe I’m just a fan of destruction, I did, after all, pay to see 2012 at the actual cinema.

Watching Percy Fagan Sleep is playing at Eurotrash Tue–Thur, Sat and Sun at 7pm until April 10.
  
*I don’t think I could even count the number of characters these guys tackle. It’s like one of those jars at a school fete except imagine instead of all jelly beans every lolly is a different lolly. That’s a lot of lollies. Favourites included Ming the patronising, Oprah-loving American, mopey English backpackers and a professional performer at Sovereign Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment